||George John Hunkler |
||20 Sep 1862
||Saint Gallen, Switzerland, United States [1, 2]
||Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States
||28 Sep 1892
||Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, United States [3, 4]
||George Hunkler Naturalization.jpg
||Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States 
||Crugar, Woodford, Illinois, United States 
|Moved to Elmwood, Illinois |
||Elmwood, Peoria, Illinois, United States 
||Elmwood, Peoria, Illinois, United States 
||2 Dec 1934
||Elmwood, Peoria, Illinois, United States 
||5 Dec 1934
||Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States [1, 9]
||George and Mary Hunkler Tombstone.jpg
- BE IT REMEMBERED, That on this 28th day of September in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Ninety ________, personally appeared before the County Court of Peoria and State aforesaid: (The same being a Court of Record, having and exercising common law jurisdiction, a Seal and a Clerk), and sitting judicially for the dispatch of business at the Court House George Hunkler an alien, above the age of twenty-one years, and applied to the said Court to be admitted to become a Naturalized Citizen of the United States of America, pursuant to the several acts of Congress heretofore passed on that subject, and the said applicant having thereupon produced to the Court Record evidence that he has heretofore reported himself and filed his intention to become a citizen of the United States according to the provisions of the several acts of Congress, and the Court being satisfied as well fromt he oath of the said applicant as from the testimony of Christ Schertz and Leonard Heflin that the said applicant has resided within the limits and under the jurisdiction of the United States for at least five years last past, and at least one year in the State of Illinois, and that during the whole of that time he has behaved himself as a man of good moral character, attached to the principles contained in the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order, well-being and happiness of the same, and two years having elapsed since the said applicant reported himself and filed his declaration of his intention, as aforesaid,
IT WAS ORDERED, That the said applicant be permitted to take the oath to support the Constitution of the United States, and the usual oath whereby he renounced all allegiance and fidelity to every foreign Prince, Potentate, State and Sovereignty whatever, and more particularly to The Republic of Switzerland whereof he was heretofore a subject, which said oath having been administered to the said applicant by the Clerk of said Court, IT WAS ORDERED by the Court that the said George Hunkler be admitted to all and singular the rights, privileges and immunities of a Naturalized Citizen of the United States, and that the same be certified by the Clerk of the Court under the seal of the Court, accordingly.
George had a cousin named Paul. From a postcard (translation from German by Philip Bohlken, Caldwell, Idaho): My dear cousin George! I am sending you here a small picture of my little scion, likewise also two small remembrances of me in a family picture so you can gain a picture of your cousin relations, thent hey can be can be seen by you concerning appearance as well as personally. I hope the small things (which I am sending) will find you all in good spirits, as they in have (the past?), my family and I send you all the most heart-felt greetings.
When I saw you the last time, I was exactly the same age as my Paul is now!
One again, the best greetings from your Paul.
The little pictures are pure factory goods since I myself took some pictures, but, sadly, no longer have the originals.
Hagenbu___ (place name) April 10, 1911
June 4 1900 Washington Twp Tazewell Illinois Sup 8 Enum 155 Sheet 1B
13 13 Hunkler George J Head W M Sept 1862 37 M 13 Switzerland Germany Switzerland 1883 17 na Farmer yes yes yes R F 15
---Mary Wife W F Dec 1859 40 M 13 5 5 Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un un yes yes yes
---Berely Daughter W F May 1887 13 S Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un un 8 yes yes yes
---Matilda Daughter W F Oct 1888 11 S Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un 9 yes yes yes
---John G Son W M July 1891 8 S Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un un un 9 yes yes yes
---Lenie Daughter W F Dec 1892 7 S Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un un 9 yes yes yes
---Huldy Daughter W F Feb 1896 4 S Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland un un
April 26 1910 Cruger Twp Woodford Illinois Sup 8 Enum 126 Sheet 3B
59 59 Hunkler Geo Head M W 47 M1 24 Switz German Switz German Switz German 1883 na English Farmer oa yes yes R F 40
---Mary F [?] Wife F W 50 M1 24 5 5 Switz German Switz German Switz German 1880 English none yes yes
---Lena A Daughter F W 17 [?] S Illinois Switz German Switz German English none yes yes no
---Jno Son M W 18 S Illinois Switz German Switz German English none yes yes no
---Hilda Daughter F W 14 S Illinois Switz German Switz German English none yes yes yes
January 15-16 1920 Elmwood Peoria Illinois Sup 8 Enum 51 Sheet 12A
356 359 Hunkler George Head O F M W 57 M 1883 na 1570 yes yes Switzerland German Switzerland German Switzerland German yes none
---Mary Wife F W 60 M 1885 na 1570 yes yes Switzerland German Switzerland German Switzerland German yes none
1930 Illinois, Peoria, Elmwood Twp., Elmwood City, District 8, [smear] 23, 1930, Mildred E. Rook Enum 72-8 Sup 14th Sheet 9A
Lilac Street 266 266 Hunkler, George Head O 1400 No M W 68 M 25 No Yes Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland German 13 11 V 1883 NA Yes Retired Farmer No [not veteran]
---Mary E. Wife H V F W 70 M 25 No Yes Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland German 13 11 V 1885 NA yes none
||Megan's Big Tree
||17 Oct 2016 |
||Maria Elizabeth Rusch, b. 25 Dec 1859, Saint Gallen, Switzerland, United States , d. 27 Sep 1948, El Paso, Woodford, Illinois, United States (Age 88 years) |
||14 Dec 1886
||Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, United States 
||George Hunkler Maria Rusch Marriage License.jpg
- Marriage License of George Hunkler and Mary Rusch (capital letters indicate the sections filled in by hand:)
State of Illinois Peoria County. ss
The People of the State of Illinois, To any Person Legally Authorized to Solemnize Marriage--Greeting:
May be celebrated between Mr. GEORGE HUNKLER of WASHINGTON in the County of TAZEWELL and State of Illinois, of the age of 24 years, and M ISS MARY RUSCH of PEORIA in the County of PEORIA and State of Illinois, of the age of 25 years.
Witness, James E. Pillsbury, Clerk of the County Court of said Peoria County, and the Seal thereof, at my office in Peoria, this 14TH day of DECEMBER A.D. 188 6. JAMES E. PILLSBURY Clerk of the County Court
State of Illinois; Peoria County ss I, GOTTLIEB TRAUB, LUTHERAN PASTOR hereby certify that Mr. GEORGE HUNKLEY/HUNKLER and M ISS MARY RUSCH were united in Marriage by me at PEORIA in the County of Peoria and State of Illinois, on the 14TH day of DECEMBER 188 6
This Return is to be carefully filled out and certified to in addition to the Marriage Certificate.
Illinois State Board of Health
Return of a Marriage to County Clerk
1. Full name of groom-- GEORGE HUNKLEY/HUNKLER
2. Place of Residence WASHINGTON, ILLS.
3. Occupation FARMER
4. Age next Birthday 24 years. Color WHITE
5. Nativity GERMAN Place of Birth GERMANY
6. Father's Name GEORGE HUNKLER
7. Mother's Maiden Name MARGARETTE EGGER
8. No. of Groom's Marriage 1ST
9. Full Name of bride-- MARY RUSCH
Maiden Name, if a Widow,
10. Place of Residence PEORIA, ILLS.
11. Age Next Birthday 25 years. Color WHITE
12. Nativity GERMAN Place of Birth GERMANY
13. Father's Name T.A. RUSCH
14. Mother's Maiden Name MARIE SCHEUERMANN
15. No. of Bride's Marriage 1ST
16. Witnesses to Marriage HEINRICH HUNKLER
PEORIA, DECEMBER 14TH 188 6
We Hereby Certify, that the information above given is correct, to the best of our knowledge and belief.
GEORGE HUNKELR (Groom)
MARIE RUSCH (Bride)
I Hereby Certify, That the above is a correct return of a Marriage solemnized by me, the 14TH day of DECEMBER 188 6, at PEORIA,
United States of America
State of Illinois, County of Peoria, ss.
Proceedings At a Term of the County Court, begun and held at the Court House in the City and County of Peoria, State of Illinois, on the first [crossed out, 4 written above] Monday of the month of August in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Ninety two it being the 22nd day of said month.
Present: Honorable Samuel D. Wead County Judge.
James E. Walsh Clerk, and
Cyrus L. Berry Sheriff, to-wit:
| ||1. Bertha Elizabeth Hunkler, b. Between 1887 and 1888, New Jersey, United States , d. 9 Feb 1986, Ennis, Ellis, Texas, United States (Age ~ 99 years)|
| ||2. Matilda Hunkler, b. 25 Oct 1888, Illinois, United States , d. 19 Dec 1956, Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, United States (Age 68 years)|
| ||3. John George Hunkler, b. 10 Jul 1891, Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States , d. 14 Nov 1986, Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States (Age 95 years)|
| ||4. Lena Agnes Hunkler, b. 22 Dec 1892, Washington, Tazewell, Illinois, United States , d. 13 Jun 1964, Harlingen, Cameron, Texas, United States (Age 71 years)|
| ||5. Hulda Catherine Hunkler, b. 1 Feb 1896, Illinois, United States , d. 22 Dec 1980, Jacksonville, Morgan, Illinois, United States (Age 84 years)|
||18 Oct 2016 14:48:01 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart